You’ve read a bunch of Sex&Privilege posts and you’re all like, “Whoa, that’s destroying harmful social stigmas! I want to tell people about how my privilege affects my sex life!”
Well you’re cool beans! Submit your answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t worry if your story doesn’t go live right away, I’ll do my best to reply to let you know when to look out for your post.
What to answer in your email:
Answer these as thoroughly as you can, and in full sentences. If you feel uncomfortable answering a question, just write “pass.” I’ll probably ask a set of follow-up questions and then maybe some clarification questions at the end. I am very sex-positive and will not EVER shame you or treat you differently once you explain your sexual fantasies or experiences. THANK YOU, YOU’RE AMAZING FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCES.
- What is your name, or what name would you like for me to call you in the blog post? If you’d like to be anonymous but don’t have a preferred pseudonym, write “N/A.”
- What are your preferred pronouns? (They/their; she/her; him/his; etc.)
- How old are you?
- In what ways would you say you lack privilege? For example, “I’m gay.” “I’m transgender.” “I’m black.” “I’ve been assaulted.” Etc.
- What are your sexual fantasies like?
- In what ways do you think your lack of privilege has affected your sexual fantasies?
- How old were you when you had your first consensual sexual experience or sexual fantasies? How old were you when you started masturbating (if ever)? Do you feel these answers would be different if you had more privilege?
- How would you describe your sex life?
- Do you feel your lack of privilege has affected your sex life or your relationships with other people? How so?
- How do you think your fantasies would be different if you had more privilege in society?
- How do you think your sex life would be different if you had more privilege?
- Do you think people fetishize who you are? (For example, Asian women being thought of as “submissive,” Latina women being thought of as “feisty.”)
- Have you ever been in a situation where someone made you feel like you’re less valuable because of your lack of privilege?
- Other. Explain anything I didn’t cover in those other questions. Tell me anything and everything you feel comfortable saying.